… to the website of the memorial and meeting center and the Jewish museum in the former synagogue of Niederzissen. After extensive renovations, the building, which had been desecrated by the Nazis in 1938 and used as a smithy for more than 70 years, was finally reopened to the public in March of 2012. The former Synagogue is now mainly used for cultural events, including readings, concerts, and exhibitions. It can also be rented for events.
The development and implementation of this website was supported with funds from the regional cultural promotion of the Landschaftsverband Rhineland.
The digitalization efforts within the cultural heritage site of the former synagogue of Niedezissen were financially supported as part of the LEADER-region Rhine-Eifel, with funds from ELER by the European Union, as well as by the state of Rhineland-Palatinate’s ministry of economics, transportation, agriculture and viticulture.